Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.
The Molten Metal Systems business of Morgan Advanced Materials manufactures an extensive range of high-performance crucibles and foundry consumables for non-ferrous metal melting applications
We provide melting solutions for foundries, die-casters and melting facilities working with zinc, precious metals, aluminium, copper, brass, bronze and other non-ferrous metals.
Group Key Figures: Revenue £910m (2020), ~7,500 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
- Design superior solutions for substantial new opportunities, with either existing or new customers
- Ensure customers receive strong pre and post sales technical advice and solutions, with a clear technical advantage.
- Ensure colleagues receive technical support and information in a timely manner
- Investigate technical failures and advise on remedy
Include the following:
- Work with commercial leads (typically BDMs and KAMs) to define and design solutions to new and existing customer’s problems.
- Respond promptly with proposals to specific customer requirements
- Submit design drawings within customers timeframe, explaining design rationale and answering any technical questions they may have
- Answer customer questions about products pre and post-sale, checking for understanding and whether they are satisfied with the outcome
- Travel to customer locations for technical support, especially for New Product trials, to ensure best opportunity for success
- Stay up-to-date with latest industry trends e.g. by visiting conferences or fairs and subscribing to field specific journals
- Record and report how new products and technical developments impact their clients’ businesses
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Identify ways to generate sales e.g. by giving customers professional advice on how to achieve their specific objectives
- The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. Other duties may be assigned
- 4 year Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent knowledge including mechanical properties such as material strength, rotation properties, etc.
- Knowledge of Morgan products: features, benefits, and how customers use them to support their own businesses – specifically degassing Aluminium, foundry operations, foundry products and related industries
- Engineering and Technology: practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of mechanical goods
- Working with customers: experience of discovering customer needs and developing customer relationships, evaluating and improving customer satisfaction
- Manufacturing Processes such as Pressing, Kilning, CNC and Manual Machining Equipment
- Experience working with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and Quality management systems (QMS) #LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer