Who We Are:
Robinson Fans, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business going back six generations. Founded in 1892, Robinson Fans is a significant player in the industrial air-moving equipment space. Headquartered in Zelienople, PA, since 1922, Robinson Fans has locations in Trussville, AL, Lakeland, FL, and Salt Lake City, UT.
At Robinson Fans, Inc., our employees are at the core of all we do. We provide a fast-paced and nurturing culture that provides our team members with the environment needed to succeed.
We seek a highly dynamic Applications Engineer who will provide both internal and external engineering support for our value streams and customers. This position is responsible for evaluating customer specifications, technical estimating documents, and fan designs. The applications engineer reviews technical drawings and conducts the engineering analysis.
• Partner with internal and external customers to respond to technical inquiries, interpret technical standards and evaluate potential design solutions.
• Provides excellent engineering support on FEA/FEM, CFD, Modal, Rotordynamics, engineering standards generation, and other mechanical engineering design-related tasks.
• Provide technical support to internal estimating and drafting in resolving technical questions, optimizing design for manufacturability and reliability, and manufacturing technical support.
• Provide post-sales technical support regarding existing equipment repairs, replacement, and optimization of fan performance or reliability.
• Evaluate fan performance or assist in investigating fan/system optimization projects at customer sites.
• Support technical, strategic initiatives and technical continuous improvement/innovation activities.
• Collaborate with lab and R&D group to improve Robinson Aftermarket product/service offerings.
• Provide internal warranty and root cause analysis.
• Develop technical tools to support internal and potentially external customers.
• Participate in creating and updating engineering standards and technical work instructions.
• Assist with technical software program development.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or other approved, related discipline
• Minimum of five years of mechanical engineering experience
• Experience with centrifugal fan engineering or similar rotating equipment is preferred.
• Familiarity with FEA/FEM, Rotordynamics, customer technical support, rotating equipment repair/rebuild
• Well-organized and be able to adapt and effectively multi-task, prioritize
• Must have strong technical skills and have the ability to maneuver and build systems and processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Agile and adaptable, work with precision to ensure deliverance of top-notch customer experiences
• Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical, time-management, and project management skills
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects at once
Robinson offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Robinson Fans, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.