Teledyne Microwave Solutions has over 50 years of experience in the design, development, and manufacture of sophisticated microwave/RF components and integrated assemblies for the most demanding challenges. Our products and capabilities are sought after by civilian and military organizations spanning numerous global markets, including Aviation, Communication, Electronic Warfare (EW/ECM/CIED), Industrial, Missile/UAV, Radar, Satcom, Space, and Test and Measurement. Teledyne Microwave Solutions invests heavily in research and development to maintain the ability to offer the world’s most advanced MW/RF capabilities for current and emerging challenges.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Microwave Solutions is hiring an Applications Engineer that will respond to customer technical and applications questions as well as help resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner consistent with the company mission, values and financial objectives.
- Identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the quote process.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Partners and Customers.
- Develop and maintain proficient level of product knowledge and application.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Listen, understand, and convey customer requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Assist in life cycle tracking of product offerings
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
- Collect market knowledge from customer interactions, provide guidance on New Product Development
- Willingness to learn new tasks and adapt to change, establish priorities and handle various tasks simultaneously, perform job under pressure or in critical situations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- At least 2+ years experience microwave/ RF components and integrated assemblies
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Experience that demonstrates strong technical leadership and problem-solving skills - able to comprehend complex systems and explain these systems to others
- Creativity and initiative as well as a high level of independent judgment - able to deliver quality results with minimum supervision
- Very comfortable supporting customers on RF/DC Testing, Specification requirements, troubleshooting of product applications including BAW Devices, YIG Products, Isolators, Filters, Amplifiers/ SSPA’s
- Familiar with engineering best practices
- Working knowledge of CRM and Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- U.S. Person
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks. Sense of urgency, develop responses to customer inquires, manage multiple projects at various stages of progress
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.