Position eligible for a Retention Bonus in the amount of $1,000 (less applicable withholdings and deductions). Bonus to be paid out after successful completion of six (6) months of employment with Purolite. Employee must be actively employed at the time the bonus is paid out. Only candidates hired into the role externally are eligible for the retention bonus.
- Provides technical support to our sales force and customers in the application of ion exchange resin, absorbent and catalyst-based products
- Performs laboratory scale pilot operations to define the parameters for novel uses of ion exchange resins. Responsibility for design and operation of the pilot apparatus as well as the organization and analysis of the data as it pertains to the process being evaluated. Provides critical data to solve real issues experienced in the field
- Attend customer visits with our sales force to provide additional technical and troubleshooting support on our products and associated ion exchange equipment
- Works under supervision to develop and maintain a suite of calculation tools designed to help our sales force generate sales
- Works under supervision to develop and present various training and sales presentations to our sales force and customers
- Responsibility for design and execution of ion exchange pilots at customer sites and preparation of progress reports
- Position requires frequent interaction with sales and lab personnel
- Position will be based at Corporate Headquarters and will require extensive (50-75%) travel to Philadelphia manufacturing facility
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in chemical, Environmental Engineering or Applied Chemistry required. Master’s Degree a plus. Equivalent combination of education in other disciplines and experience will be considered.
Experience with ion exchange resins and/or water treatment processes is strongly desired. Prior sales, customer service and/or marketing experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Ability to problem solve and interact well with multiple internal and external customers. Strong communication skills verbal and written. Ability to initiate tasks and work in an independent manner. Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. The Purolite Corporation reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract with the employee.
Purolite is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.