Arclin USA is currently seeking talent for an Applications Engineer job in our available in any of our 12 locations. Working within the Growth and Innovations Group, the successful candidate will be the subject matter expert in production and deployment of our overlay technology. Day to day tasks will focus on maintaining Arclin’s leadership position in the industry by focusing on development of new product lines. The successful candidate will work closely with suppliers, internal leadership and customers to grow and maintain customer delight through increased product performance.
Applications Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Develop the next generation of Arclin’s Wood Composites Technology and Industrial Overlays
- Be the interphase between R&T and process engineering, quality and procurement teams for new products
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with technical experts at suppliers
- Interphase with internal and external stakeholders to receive feedback on new product development efforts
- Develop and employ new or existing methods and test strategies to ensure product performance
- Provide technical support to other functional teams.
Applications Engineer Job Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Material Science or Wood Science; emphasis on Engineering preferred
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude; must be willing to be “hands-on” with Laboratory & Production equipment
- Understanding of coating formulation and polymer chemistry
- Proven track record of moving ideas from the concept to commercialization
- Design and implementation of experiments to develop new products and processes
- Management of multiple projects with various timelines
- Coordination of project activities to ensure that projects are delivered on time
- Ability to understand and develop cost models
- Utilize statistical analysis for product improvement
- Application of design of experiments and six sigma tools to design, troubleshoot, and modify products
- Demonstrate strong leadership potential
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in industrial settings for prolonged periods including standing in excess of 10 hour.
**Please note: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.**