Company OverviewKLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Group/DivisionThe Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
The Instruments Group is focused on development of advanced inspection and metrology equipment used in high-volume production and research and development environments. Organization is globally located in US, China, and Singapore. The Instruments Group provides mission-critical cost-effective solutions for power electronics, LED, communications, automotive, data storage, and other related nanoelectronics and materials science applications. We partner with our customers to provide advanced hardware and software solutions to enhance yield and lower overall production costs by supplying world-leading inspection, metrology and review systems. In addition to developing valuable product solutions, the Instruments Group provides support to customers to achieve performance entitlement through sharing and implementation of application BKMs (Best Known Methods).
- Product Development: Characterization of next generation state-of-the art optical metrology products. This includes designing test plans, collecting data, performing analysis, publishing results and recommendations in the form of applications notes and best known methods.
- Use-case Demos: Conduct new tool demonstrations to showcase tool performance and develop use cases to help drive tool sales.
- Customer support: Product value demonstration during beta testing, Head-to-Heads (H2H) and tools in the ramp phase, thereby enabling product penetration/adoption at customer facilities. This includes: understanding semiconductor industry requirements and providing metrology solutions; creating & sharing product value statements and use-cases with engineering, marketing and sales groups; training customers and other applications engineers.
- Doctorate (Academic) OR Master's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
- Degree in Photonics, Optical Engineering, Physics with specialization in Optics or related field.
- A background in Optical metrology is strongly desirable.
- Teamwork is critical so having a good balance between technical skills and people skills is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Candidate will be required to frequently present results to internal as well as external customers.
- Excellent English communication is required.
- This position requires candidates who are willing to travel up to 25% and international travel is required.
Minimum QualificationsMaster's Level Degree or work experience of 0 years , Bachelor's Level Degree or work experience of 1 years
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.