Company OverviewKLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Group/DivisionWith over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes. BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
The Applications Development Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing product applications for existing and pre-release products to provide maximum value to the customers.
The candidate is expected to support the following:
- Focus on projects related to new product introduction such as characterization, alpha testing, beta testing and pilot tools in the ramp phase.
- Potentially support the development of a system at the customer site.
- Perform product diagnosis, problem resolution, interface with software and systems engineering to verify that hardware and software problems have been resolved.
- Conduct customer product demonstrations and technical training including on-site training of Field Applications Engineers and end users.
- Document all test results and lessons learned in BKMs (Best Known Methods), training documents, Demo reports, or, Alpha/Beta test reports and transfer product knowledge to Field Applications teams.
- Generate demo and test reports for internal and customer review.
- We are looking for high energy, self-driven and motivated engineers who are interested in working in High Tech. The semiconductor space is a fast paced, high stress environment that gives applications engineers a lot of autonomy to work and drive projects on their own. Ideal candidates appreciate the opportunity to have high levels of accountability, working well with limited supervision and thrive in a work environment where they can drive projects on their own.
- Candidate must have master’s or bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Material Science, or related fields.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be a strong team player.
- >50% travel will be required
Master's Level Degree or work experience of 0 years , Bachelor's Level Degree or work experience of 0-1 years
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.