Company OverviewKLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Group/DivisionWith over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The Surfscan group includes a team of engineers, technology development, apps engineers and product marketing focused on technology that enables wafer, IC and equipment manufacturers to develop, qualify and monitor their process tools. Defects and process non-uniformities detected on Surfscan equipment allow for early identification of yield excursions. The flagship Surfscan products include the SPx platforms for wafer surface quality and wafer defect inspection tools and systems for inspection of polished wafers, epi wafers and engineered substrates during the wafer fabrication process.
Demonstrate product capabilities and characterize performance of state-of-the art semiconductor equipment:
- Conduct customer product demonstrations to new and existing customers for pre-release and existing products
- Evaluate next generation tool performance in the development and ramp phases by designing test plans, collecting and analyzing data, and comparing results to design specifications
- Assess potential new customer applications and provide technical support in the development and implementation of the solution.
The successful candidate will also interface both externally with the customer and internally with Engineering, Marketing, and Field Applications:
- Publish test results and lessons learned in demo reports, application notes, BKMs (Best Known Methods), training documents, or alpha/beta test reports and transfer technical and product knowledge to customers and Field Applications teams
- Provide clear feedback to Software Engineering and Systems Engineering, especially during alpha/beta tests
Worldwide travel (on average 10-20%) is required to support products at customer sites.
The candidate must have a strong technical background:
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Material Science, or related fields
- Skills to perform complex data analysis/processing using a combination of Excel, MATLAB, Python, JMP or other data-analysis tools
- A background in semiconductor equipment or semiconductor processing is strongly desired as the role requires current knowledge in the customer use case domain and the ability to quickly pick up and understand customer requirements and processes.
The candidate must be organized, self-driven, and possess the ability to work independently on technical solutions; however, teamwork is critical, so having a balance between technical skills and people skills is a must:
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and frequently present results both internally and externally
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Master's Level Degree or work experience of 0 years , Bachelor's Level Degree or work experience of 1 years
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.