ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical support and problem solving in a cross-functional team environment
- Provides technical input in the development of product plans and provides tactical support for product launches.
- Generates design documentation and specifications for products
- Communicate project progress or issues in a timely manner with team and stakeholders to ensure completion of project is successful.
- Perform tasks of design engineering by creating error-free production packages and hardware BOM’s
- Provide technical support for product level platforms from creation, production, and service.
- Responsible for supporting standardization of New Product Design Drawings, Fabrication Drawings, Product Models, Prototypes, R&D and Certification units, Cost models, Design for manufacturability and labor hour targets.
- Coordinates product launch, start up, and successful transition toward stable/mature product.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Works cross functionally with Testing, Manufacturing, and Marketing to meet project deliverables.
- Design Activities: Work with Design Engineers and Sustaining Engineers to address product updates and support the creation of new product design concepts.
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to develop customer centric solutions and communicates project priorities and timelines.
- Product Installation and Prototype Support: Build, install and test prototype units. Develop working prototype concepts for feasibility analysis. Understand installation and test criteria needed to meet product certification test standards.
- Provide technical support for sales, including preliminary details, basic structural and thermal calculations, product selection, specification review, submission drawings, and testing plans.
- Keeps abreast of industry standards and code requirements through competitive analysis, trade publications, and participation in outside organizations such as AAMA, the IBC/IRC, and the statewide building code.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent – preferably Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- 2± years experience in engineering design and project management, preferably in the Fenestration industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- 2+ years experience with Autocad, Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks, and Microsoft Excel
- Hands-on mechanical skills desired - working knowledge of tools such as manual milling, chop saw, table saw, drill press, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, document, and monitor.
Must be able to assess complex situations and make appropriate decisions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Travel up to 5%
- Must be willing to travel by airplane.
- May need to travel for up to 5 days at a time.
- Must be able to manage key purchases offsite and expense reports.