The Applications Engineer provides calculations, drawings, and documentation to support project requirements and provides technical assistance to representatives or customers with engineering solutions. A background encompassing the analytical, numerical, and experimental aspects of vibration and shock analysis and control is required.
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Calculations and drawings in support of project requirements
- Performs static and dynamic analysis of equipment and systems
- Size vibration isolators, mountings and installation details
- Performs calculations, creates drawings and provides engineering support
- Assemble engineering recommendation packages for customers and representatives detailing basis of isolator recommendations in addition to drawing details, as required.
Technical support for reps, customers, and others in the engineering department
- Answers correspondence from representatives, customers, and field contractors for technical support
- Reviews engineering packages in support of Engineering team prior to release
- Assemble documentation for Engineering Department Administrator to send out for stamping or for approval
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ACCESS and some experience with Visio is a plus
- Ability to read and/or interpret: contract documents and specifications; equipment cut sheets; fabrication drawings
- Ability to manage time efficiently and handle multiple project work load
- Exposure to BOM (Bill of Materials)
- Ability to use analytical methods and software to analyze vibration and shock problems and make suitable isolator recommendations based on this information.
- Familiarity with MATLAB, FEA or 6-DOF software to perform vibration and shock analysis is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Excel to design software tools to investigate and solve vibration and shock problems.
- Experience using AutoCAD, Inventor or other CAD software tools
- BS in Mechanical, Civil, Structural Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years vibration and/or shock experience or MS in Acoustics or related field
- Familiarity with military and civilian test specifications including MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-167-1 and MIL-STD-810
- Familiarity with laboratory vibration and shock testing procedures and methodology is beneficial
- Familiarity with wire rope isolators and their use is beneficial
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- 10% travel required
We invite you to check out our LinkedIn in page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-vmc-group/
Check out our three minute company video!