Application Development Manager Cloud ERP/WH Systems
App Dev Manager Cloud ERP/WH Systems
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:
As our App Dev Manager Cloud ERP/WH Systems, you will oversee a team of analysts and programmers, providing direction and leadership for these individuals. Work closely with the business community to understand the business processes and needs / requirements of business clients. Develop, analyze, and document changes required in the IT systems to fulfill requirements submitted by the users/business partners.
- Work together with team leads to plan, organize and execute projects, change requests, and production support.
- Guides the development team in overall application technology design activities; leads the identification and definition of key architectures, components and interfaces, design of data model and data/information flows.
- Track and report the status of all work and KPI’s on various teams, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that project scope is adequately defined.
- Collaborate with a team of developers and business analysts to ensure quality and timely project completion.
- Leads the identification and definition of key architectures, components and interfaces, design of data model (entity relationships) and data/information flows.
- Ability to think out of the box and design concrete, robust and scalable solutions.
- Serve as the main point of contact for issues related to the team.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Develop and maintain technical standards and application documentation. Ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date at all times.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to resolve large scale complex problems
- Ability to excel in idea generation, evaluation and prioritization
- Ability to foster and manage a cross functional technical team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to manage environment with custom applications and cloud software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years management experience in a software development environment
- Minimum of five years experience using RPGLE or Java, FTP, SQL, Visio, Excel
- Minimum two years experience working through the design, development and release cycle delivering software to market.
- Minimum two years experience working with Cloud ERP and/or Cloud software
- Previous project or resource management and large enterprise application development experience preferred
- Previous ERP migration to cloud for large enterprise preferred
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
- Click on the “Home” tab
- Click on “Current Job Opportunities”
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company (a Berkshire Hathaway company) is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of teaching supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Founded in 1932 by a Japanese American, the Oriental Trading' history of fun spans the better part of the last century. Today, Oriental Trading offers more than 60,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and nonprofits. With a corporate vision to “Make Life More Fun,” Oriental Trading spreads joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands; orientaltrading.com, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.