Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
In this newly developed role, you will primarily work as an Application Development Manager within a centralized Application Development and Enterprise Architecture group as a people manager for roughly twelve to fourteen software engineers. You will be a mentor and a coach for your team members. You will focus on helping them grow and develop their skills and their professional career while they deliver high quality and reliable code.
This position will be a hybrid based out of GFS’ brand new building in Atlantic Station: https://t3westmidtown.com/
What will you do:
- Monitor current trends in staff sourcing, maintain awareness of competitive threats and architectural opportunities.
- Recruits, retains and develops exceptional software engineering talent.
- Proficient in managing vendors who supply outsourced software engineering resources.
- Evaluate risks and develop plans and actions to mitigate those risks.
- Role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on software craftsmanship principles. Passionate about delivering high-quality software and service levels.
- Influential mentor to nurture development best practices.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills that helps align a high performance team around a vision yet open to out-of-the-box thinking.
- Able to actively solicit, synthesize and deliver timely and meaningful feedback for effective career planning for staff. Able to set clear expectations for team members.
- Builds high performance individuals by managing, measuring and improving our software engineering processes.
- Energized by creating a transparent environment focused on sharing and supporting innovation.
- Work with other IT and business leadership to determine priorities and resolve resource constraints. Collaborates with Product Team Managers, Release Train Engineers, Product Managers and Product Owners to advocate for and ensure the prioritization of the right work at the right time.
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Awareness of modern technologies that support digital transformation such as AI, IoT, blockchain technology
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for software delivery performance, coding standards, paired programming, test driven development (TDD), code reviews, processes to support continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), DevOps, automated testing, and operations.
- Passionate about following software craftsmanship principles such as clean code.
- Experienced with building, adopting, and maintaining RESTful API's.
- Experienced with SAFe delivery.
- 6 years of information technology experience with two years prior supervisory or leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks to support staff that might work independently or within a team environment.
- Proficient in leading people through change.
- Manage team budget.
- Mentor/coach staff to align with Agile/SAFe practices and architectural standards.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.