HD Supply is looking for a SplunkCloud Architect. Open to non-local candidates working 100% remote.
In this role you will be doing the following:
- Understand and collaborate with Business and IT Leadership on requirements to transform logs/events into various metrics and visualization.
- Create Splunk dashboards and optimize searches using data models and data sets.
- Coach team members on Splunk data and dashboarding.
Skills needed for this position:
- Experience on Data Ingestion, Private Apps and AddOn deployment in SplunkCloud.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving data quality issues with system and application logs.
- Experience in Splunk Dashboard Studio & Analytic Metrics Workspace.
- Optimizing search queries and experience with data model, data sets using summary index and field extractions.
- Knowledge on Containers and Kubernetes logging.
- Knowledge on Google Cloud Platform monitoring.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
Strong technical contributor in one or more highly specialized phases of applications programming. Provides design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy. Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Defines, designs, and oversees the systems and applications architecture for both current and future business applications.
- Evaluates new and emerging technologies and developmental methodologies to find faster, cost effective, and more reliable solutions for existing and proposed systems.
- Partners with infrastructure, application, and quality teams to ensure that applications meet business requirements, are well documented, and have processes in place for ongoing support and maintenance.
- Scopes and implements appropriate process improvement tools and techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean Sigma, and ITIL.
- Drives standard and efficient applications and infrastructure design by aligning the infrastructure roadmap with the application technology strategy, hardware vendor roadmaps, and service capabilities.
- Applies judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability, and reliability.
Nature and Scope
- Displays the highest level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-departmental problems. Makes prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes.
- Operates with considerable latitude. Situations may have little or no precedent requiring original or new concepts or approaches without guidance from others. Reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Develops or engages/directs others in developing innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems; cross-departmental considerations are often present.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location and/or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 8+ years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.