With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 3,000 technical professionals in Acuren, Hellier NDT Training, and Sperry Rail Service -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
Acuren Inspection is currently recruiting for a API Inspector for our operations in Savanah, GA. Preference will be given to candidates with additional NDT certifications. Successful candidates should be mechanically inclined and be willing to travel 75 - 100% of their time throughout GA, AL, and FL. Travel pay and per diem available to eligible candidates.
As an API Inspector, you will oversee the day to day inspection schedule and other employees assigned to the facility. Provide the client with technical recommendations in accordance with applicable standards for the repair, re-rate, replacement, and/or alteration of plant equipment.
- At the direction of client, perform visual and non-destructive examination of static and dynamic pressure retaining equipment in accordance with American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 653/510/570 and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Submit to client technically accurate reports documenting equipment condition.
- Provide client with technical recommendations for the repair, re-rate, replacement, and/or alteration of plant equipment, as required for safe operation within stated operating parameters for durations specified by client.
- Provide technical input to client as required for welding and metallurgical issues.
- Provide technical guidance, on a application of non-destructive examination techniques and procedures.
- Fully comply with all Acuren and client safe work practices and actively participate in all site safety initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to maintain positive working relations with client and co-workers
- Mentoring skills
- Ability to work extended hours
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Adaptable to changing schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team work
- Receptive to directions
- Strong Organizational skills
- Experience working in direct support of petrochemical facility engineers
- Certification to American Petroleum Institute Standard 653/510/570
- In-depth, working knowledge of API 653/510/570
- Minimum of five years experience working as a visual inspector
- Technical report writing skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.