- Defining and maintaining the cloud Services strategy that will establish the API platform over which all future CliniSys applications will be developed.
- Collaborating with domain experts and products teams to define the API taxonomy and services architecture that implements the business capabilities and entities require by the CliniSys product portfolio.
- Selecting the tools and techniques that enables product development teams to deliver products that service an international marketplace.
- The definition of architecture reference patterns that will be employed by all product teams to ensure the consistent implementation of new applications and maximise the ability to reuse APIs and services across multiple products.
- Collaborating with the User Experience design and framework teams to ensures that the CliniSys API enables the CliniSys User Experience strategy and the delivery of performant applications.
- Implement new processes, procedures, technology, and tools to increase developer productivity, product quality, security, and performance.
- Undertake software development projects as necessary to develop prototypes and prove the technology strategy.
- Provides high-level analysis and design reviews to product teams within global development to avoid duplication of efforts across teams solving the same problems and ensuring designs align with the technology strategy and recommended architecture patterns.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for SAAS services architecture, provisioning, and management.
- Develop services architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for public cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and strategies that enable the company to deliver customers an always-current application experience.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills needed to be successful
- Excellent knowledge of agile software product design and implementation.
- Strong analytical capabilities for identifying and resolving engineering tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in directing technical activities and documenting and communicating technical strategy and recommendations.
- Demonstratable knowledge of cloud IAAS and PAAS architecture and implementation features especially the use of API gateways and containerization or serverless functions to implement a portfolio of services.
- Demonstratable knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, and organization skills
- Must be able to advise, influence and guide Senior Technical staff
.Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing of distributed, fault-tolerant software solutions or products with particular attention to security, scalability, high performance, and cost optimization.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as a lead application architect involved in the definition, implementation, and delivery of multiple, incremental releases of a software product or solution that were built on service-based architecture
- Experience as Architectural lead, from conception to successful market presence, on large distributed systems with high performance demands, ideally for one or more of: enterprise management systems, SaaS, cloud-enabled application development, data management & analytics.
- The use of BDD and DDD in the development of complex, mission critical workflow applications.
- Experience refactoring legacy client-server solutions to scalable, secure, resilient, high availability cloud hosted SAAS applications.
- Experience architecting complex, enterprise scale, secure, resilient, high availability services architecture on Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in applying the following architecture patterns to successfully deployed applications: OpenAPI, Microservices, Strangler/Facade, CQRS, Gateway Routing and Event-Driven
- Experience in applying the following technologies to the development of successfully deployed Services: .NET Core/.NET, C#, serverless functions and cloud-native databases.
Preferred Experience & Education
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science or related discipline.
- Azure Architect Certification.
- 3 years’ Healthcare Software Architect experience.
- 3 years’ experience in regulated industry.
- Experience in applying GraphQL in the development of modern applications.
- Experience in developing services and APIs that consume and emit data using the HL7 or FHIR standards.
- The use of Google Analytics or .NET Applications Insights to develop highly observable and monitorable applications and to understand how applications are using the API platform.
- Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Up to 10% Travel may be required including international.
- Moderate lifting/carrying 15-44 lbs.; use of fingers; walking/standing 2-6 hours
- Exposure to hazardous materials or various weather conditions
- Travel to client sites that can pose risk associated with healthcare organization.
- May be required to follow customer location health and safety requirements
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of work. From health and wellness benefits, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, and tuition assistance, we've got you covered with our total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is generally within the range of $106,000 to $146,100 for annual base salary. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on numerous factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range.
CliniSys’ Commitment to Equal Opportunity
CliniSys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
General Guidance:This job description is meant to provide an accurate depiction of tasks and accountabilities that are most often associated with this role. While we strive to provide an accurate depiction, nothing in this description restricts the company from changing, reassigning, expanding, or reducing scope of accountabilities and is subject to change at any time.