- This position will report to the: Assistant Manager - QC
- Travel Requirement: None
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt.
- Shift: 3rd Shift
- Employment Category: Full time - Regular
PLANTS. POWERING. PEOPLE.
For more than a century, Bolthouse Farms has been known as the innovation leader in growing and distributing carrots and high-quality, innovative branded products. Employing more than 2,200 people and headquartered in Bakersfield in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest carrot growers and distributors in the U.S. Guided by its purpose – Plants Powering People™ – the company recently introduced its new Bolthouse Farms Wunderoots™ line of fresh carrot innovations including carrot dogs, and also produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, café beverages, protein shakes, functional beverages and premium refrigerated dressings, all under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. Visit Bolthouse Farms or follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The QC Technician will carry out with limited supervision, quality analysis and control for production of beverage, salad dressing, kids’ tube, fiber, concentrate and IQF production. The Quality Control Technician will work within the laboratory and the processing facility to perform analytical analysis, food safety/quality audits and micro audits/sampling. This position will be required to uphold all WM. Bolthouse Farms, Inc. quality/food safety parameters for the products produced.
- Daily audits of production procedures including verification of code dates, scales, water levels, plant GMP’s, and documentation
- Line audits against established guidelines and frequency
- Conduct daily audits and work with QC Supervisor and production personnel in addressing items that are out of compliance
- Sample collection, operation of lab equipment, data analysis and entry, shipment of sample
- Obtain and examine product retain shelf life samples
- Calibrates and maintain laboratory equipment
- Performs analytical analysis of all in-process and finished goods produced within the APEX facility
- Performs pre-operational, in-process and post operation food safety and plant sanitation audits
- Performs microbiological/ATP swabbing of plant equipment and facilities
- Places product on hold if deviations from standards occur
- Completes corrective actions for deviations from standards
- Enforces plant QA, hygiene and GMP policies
- Obtains product retain samples for further evaluation
- Completes all quality paperwork in both hard copy and electronic format
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or three to six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Must be self-motivated and can perform multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate in English including writing, speaking and reading, reasonable Spanish desired but not mandatory
- Must be teamwork oriented, communicate and interact well with others
- Utilize Bolthouse Farms standard operating procedures to prepare and/or analyze various parameters including good laboratory practices and aseptic techniques
- Ability to taste and evaluate finished products
- Ability to differentiate colors to examine product quality difference
- Dependable and can work flexible hours including weekends
- Knowledge of math and science concepts
- Detail oriented and have a good writing ability for clear record keeping
- 1-2 years’ experience in food manufacturing or food production preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related experience and or/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- The work environment for this position will be typical of the manufacturing facility. There are portions of the job that will require working in cold (< 40°F) environments and in warm environments (>90°F), loud environments, in proximity of chemicals as well as the laboratory environment. For short periods of time there is work in a frozen (<0°F) environment.
- Must be able to work in a wet, cold or hot environment
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
Hours & Workdays:
- 3rd Shift (10:00PM-6:30AM) when business requires overtime and weekends will be mandatory
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: [email protected] for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
3rd Shift (10:00PM-6:30AM)