The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate posting and payments of invoices and general ledger account coding of OmniMax International’s U.S. vendor invoices. Reports to the Director of AP and Payroll Shared Services.
- Ensure that vendor invoices and payments are timely and accurate.
- Ensure that vendor invoices and payments are coded to the proper general ledger account.
- Manage and develop the accounts payable staff.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining cash disbursement process policy and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate control environment as it relates to cash disbursements.
- Reconcile the accounts payable sub-ledger and unvouchered accounts payable to the general ledger as part of month-end close.
- Liaises with the purchasing department to manage vendor terms and issues relating to timing of vendor payments.
- Preparation and compliance with annual 1099 reporting requirements.
- Provide analytical support as needed to the management team.
- provide ad-hoc reporting as necessary
- Audit AP batches to check for accuracy
- Maintain accounts payable reports and accounts payable files
- Assist corporate staff members as necessary
- Assist in monthly closing
- Read, analyze and interpret procedures and policies/regulations
- Write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals
- Present information and respond to questions from associates, vendors and customers
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently, take initiative, and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including working additional hours to meet tight deadlines and/or travelling as needed.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, team building, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex matrix environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, especially Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field and 5 years (including 2 years of supervisory experience) of accounts payable, accounting or treasury finance experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company
- Strong knowledge of internal control policy and procedure as it relates to the cash disbursement cycle.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency with financial reporting and manufacturing ERP systems such as Oracle.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce recommended.
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent management and leadership skills, with the ability to interface with all levels within the company.
- Ability to manage, train and mentor team members.
- Job takes place in normal office setting with no known hazardous environmental or physical working conditions.
- Job entails negligible requirements for lifting, bending, and standing.
- Normal office interactions require the incumbent to possess the mobility to meet with others in the office.
- Job is largely (75% plus) sedentary, requiring prolonged sitting, use of telephone, ability to communicate both verbally and in written format.
- Job requires ability to read technical material and develop analysis and recommendations.
- Requires normal dexterity, strength, coordination, vision (including the ability to read a computer screen) and hearing inherent in office work.
- Requires the ability to work periods of extended hours driven by project deadlines.