Principal Antenna Engineer
We are currently searching for a Principal Antenna Engineer to lead the development of patch, helical, and blade antennas. In this exciting role, you will get to design and develop rugged Global Positioning System (GPS) antennas and communication antennas for a wide variety of applications. This key technical leadership position offers a unique opportunity to see your innovative antenna ideas fielded into production-grade hardware on rapid timescales.
The Company: Antcom is a leader in the field of antennas, working with some of the largest, most advanced technology companies in the world. From fighter jets to satellites to autonomous tractors, our products find applications in tough operating conditions. Working at Antcom combines all the benefits of being at a small company with the professional satisfaction of developing some of the most widely used antennas in the world.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of NovAtel and part of the Hexagon Group, Antcom is positioned to rapidly respond to customer requirements while enjoying the benefits of being part of a large global organization. We specialize in rapid customization of products with short timescales from concept to delivery onto customer platforms. Join our fast-paced team to challenge yourself to design antennas for a variety of industries including aerospace, defense, survey, and agriculture.
The Location: Hexagon is a global company with locations around the world. This position is based in the oceanside community of Torrance, CA. One of the best places to live in California with ocean beaches, plenty of parks and endless sunny days.
As Principal Antenna Engineer, you will:
- Design, develop, test, improve, and support antenna products with emphasis in the following areas:
- Navigation (GPS/GNSS) antennas such as patch, stacked patch, and helical antennas
- Antenna array design using patch antennas and novel antenna elements for beamsteering and nullsteering systems
- Communications antennas including multi-band patch, helical, monopole, dipole, and inverted-F antennas
- Analyze new business opportunities, develop & author technical proposal responses, and estimate project schedules and costs.
- Improve product manufacturing through test automation and automated data analysis.
- Lead and assist in the planning, testing, and documentation of product performance against industry requirements such as MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, DO-228, DO-301, and DO-160.
- Lead root cause analysis investigations and champion corrective actions.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering; MSEE or PhD preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience. Level of position commensurate with experience and expertise.
- Experience with 3D EM simulation software (HFSS preferred)
- Experience working with network analyzers and other RF test equipment
- Experience testing antenna radiation patterns
- Understanding of antenna design for production and real-world environments
- Applicants for select positions that require access to information controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) must be US Persons per ITAR §120.15 and EAR §772.1 (i.e., a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or admitted to the U.S. as an asylee or refugee), or be otherwise eligible to obtain required authorization from the U.S. Government to access controlled information. Employment is contingent upon Antcom’s ability to obtain such required authorization for the applicant.
Key Success Factors:
- Focus on customer needs and innovate to meet those needs
- Thrive in a fast paced environment where you fill a variety of roles
- Plan, organize, and execute your work to meet schedule, cost, and technical requirements
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across departments and sites
- Experience designing antennas for defense and/or aerospace applications
- Experience designing GPS/GNSS antennas
- Experience designing antennas with polarization requirements
- Experience designing blade antennas
- Knowledge of robustness standards (MIL-STD-810G, DO-160G)
- Experience leading engineering projects
Click on the links below to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
EEO Employee Rights
EEO is the Law
EEO Pay Transparency
Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Human Resources for assistance at (310) 782 -1076 ext: 134
We are an E-Verify participating employer. Click on the links below for more information about E-Verify and your right to work.
E-Verify Right to Work