For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking an Animal Care Technician 3, for Insourcing Solutions client in Cambridge, MA. The candidate will provide oversight and support to the animal care program and the animal care technicians under the direction of the on-site Facility Manager or designee. Maintain, monitor and document the health, records, post-operative care and physical environment within the customer's varied animal care environments for the contract at client worksite.
Position includes a $1,000 sign on bonus.
The essential duites of the Animal Care technician 3 are:
· Assist facility manager in creating the husbandry work schedule for the daily cage changing procedures as well as the additional duty assignments.
· Conduct room inspections to assess the animals’ health and cage environment as well as all related paperwork and record keeping.
· Provide leadership and guidance to the husbandry staff on operations and facility issues. Specific responsibilities include investigating operational issues, including gathering information and details, compiling the information, and submitting/presenting it along with recommendation(s) for resolution of the situation/issue to the facility manager. Provide training to new hires in the duties and responsibilities of animal care and facility operations.
· Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations. Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle /automatic water line and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
· Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing areas or semi-rigid isolator environments, including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, spraying in all equipment and materials into controlled areas.
· Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adhere to safety procedures.
· Provide quality assurance to include animal health surveillance, monitoring of effectiveness of facility sanitation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), as well as internal facility reports for monitoring deviations from pre-established facility parameters.
· Maintain required attendance level and adherence to work schedule in accordance with required staffing levels in order to ensure that assigned duties are completed.
Education: High School diploma or General Education degree required. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in animal or life sciences field preferred.
· Experience: Four or more year’s related animal care and handling experience required in combination with facility and equipment knowledge.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
· Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the LAT level required.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.