Are you looking for a rewarding career caring for pigs? We’re currently hiring for a full-time Animal Caregiver at a sow farm near Arapahoe, NE.
In this position, you would carry out daily care of the animals, ensuring adequate access to feed and water, monitoring the barn environment and making sure pigs are comfortable. As an Animal Caregiver, you’d be trained to specialize in a certain function, whether that’s breeding, assisting during piglet birth or caring for young piglets.
A career with The Maschhoffs empowers you to set your own path with a wide range of development opportunities!
A career with The Maschhoffs is packed with benefits:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Excellent Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision) including:
- The Maschhoffs covers on average $11,000-$17,000 in benefits annually
- Company contributions to Health Savings Account
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- No-cost counseling sessions
- Full-time employees are eligible the 1st of the month following 30 days!
- 401K plan with up to 4% company match
- Accrued Paid Time Off of 12 days per year plus a paid Life Event Day!
- Bi-annual production bonus program
- School Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Extra money earned through our referral program
- Discounted Pork Packs (including loins/ribs/bacon and more!)
Here are the basic requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred
- Animal husbandry skills, or the desire to learn how to effectively care for pigs
- Availability to work every other weekend
- Ability to lift, push or pull a minimum of 50 pounds
Think you’ve got all those covered? Here’s how you seal the deal with the extras:
- One year farm and/or livestock experience (preferred not required)
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and computers
Join our team and experience all that a family-first culture has to offer! We are an equal opportunity employer.