For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Come work for an organization whose passion comes from their commitment to helping you help others, where our values guide our decisions and actions; they are the standards we hold ourselves to each day. Be the Difference! CARE, LEAD, OWN AND COLLOBORATE.
We are seeking a Part Time, Animal Care Technician 3, for our Insourcing Solutions site in Cambridge, MA. The candidate will provide guidance to technicians in the day-to-day operations in the facility. Collaborate with the veterinary staff to ensure that the health and welfare of laboratory animals are maintained in compliance with local, state, federal and institutional guidelines and regulations. Responsible for providing back up and assistance for the Animal Facility Supervisor.
Position includes a $1,000 sign on bonus!
• Coordinate and assist in ensuring that adequate supplies are in the barrier, animal holding rooms and other areas as specified.
• Provide support in animal rooms changing cages and works in the cage wash operation.
• Ensure proper maintenance of animal records including, room logs, health reports, cage card labels, autoclave records, cagewash records, animal census and other records as required.
• Ensure that all animal rooms are observed on a daily basis to monitor for sick, impaired or dead animals, and reports findings to the veterinary staff or alternatively to the Animal Facility Manager.
• Maintain quality performance of departmental and client objectives - including meeting/exceeding departmental standards with respect to animal health and welfare, facilities condition, sanitation levels.
• Perform basic technical procedures: handling and restraint, animal weights, injections (SQ, and IP), and blood collection.
• Practice, train and assist in ensuring that consistent practices of general company and safety policies and procedures are followed, including those related to biohazards and radioactive substances.
• Ensure accurate, high-quality work, and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols]. Maintains consistent practice of general company and safety policies and procedures and MSDS guidelines, including those related to biohazards and radioactive substances.
This is a Part Time, Tuesday - Saturday work schedule, approximately 15 hours.
This is an amazing opportunity; don't you want to know more? This could be just the perfect fit for you, but you won't know if you don't apply, we welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent required.
• Experience: Two to four years husbandry experience in a laboratory animal facility.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT) or higher or ability to successfully achieve ALAT certification within one (1) year of hire/promotion required.
• Other: Working knowledge of laboratory animal facilities operations. Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond timely to the needs CRADL Clients and staff to ensure that excellent customer service is provided at all times. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Positive, professional leadership skills to: coach and influence employees; counsel and provide supervisor with feedback for productive performance evaluations. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and exhibit interpersonal skills that are conducive to effective communication and that contribute to a congenial work environment. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with clients, customers, coworkers, and supervisors. Working knowledge of laboratory animal equipment and supplies, including cagewash, autoclave, and caging systems for a variety of common laboratory animals and personal protective equipment requirements for barrier and non-barrier facilities and various bio-safety levels. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The position requires direct contact with a variety of laboratory animal species. Computer literacy in word processing and database record keeping in support of laboratory animal operations preferred.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.