Pinova Incorporated, a subsidiary of DRT, extracts wood rosin from pine stumps to create a variety of commercial products. We have customers in over 100 countries that use Pinova’s quality resins in a wide variety of specialized markets, including adhesives, construction, food and beverage, and agriculture.
Our employees are the backbone of our business as we strive to put people first. We are looking for our employees to have an entrepreneurial mindset, where our employees will think outside the box and embrace change and collaboration with other departments.
We offer a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401k retirement savings plan with a generous match, and excellent compensation as a part of our package.
For internal referrals, this is a tier 1 position.
Pinova Incorporated is currently seeking an Analytical Chemist at our Brunswick, Georgia plant, a 24 hour/7 day a week production facility. Reporting to the Quality Laboratory Manager, the Analytical Chemist is a full-time position responsible for diagnosing problems and the trouble-shooting of laboratory instrumentation and test methods as well as maintaining a Preventive Maintenance (PM) and calibration program for all lab instrumentation. The Analytical Chemist will also initiate and lead investigations of out of tolerance instrumentation conditions, out of trend and unusual test results.
1. Perform instrument troubleshooting and repair, validation, maintenance, and test method development and deployment for the following instruments and equipment:
2. Troubleshooting and repair of lab instrumentation, maintaining spare equipment and essential spare parts in stock for lab instrumentation
3. Manage the installation and qualification of new instrumentation / equipment in the laboratory
4. Instrument Qualification: work with instrument vendors to develop and execute IQ/OQ/PQ qualification protocols to qualify a new lab instrument prior to putting the instrument into service.
5. Develop, implement, and maintain PM and calibration procedures for each instrument/ equipment in the laboratory
6. Maintenance of instrumentation qualification, maintenance, and calibration records as quality records
7. Method Troubleshooting: ability to identify and resolve problems with existing analytical methods
8. Method Development: ability to develop new methods on various pieces of lab instrumentation. Method development includes the ability to:
9. Train laboratory staff relative to new instrumentation and modified and new analytical test method SOP’s including:
10. Maintain the Master List of Key Quality Instruments: to ensure all lab instrumentation critical to product quality are identified and the instrument range of operation, required tolerance, and calibration frequency are defined for all instruments.
11. Maintain the Master List of Test Equipment: to ensure all test equipment used for calibration / calibrations checks of instrumentation are certified to a national standard, have the required tolerance and capability to verify performance of key quality instrumentation.
12. Implement and maintain an Instrument Reliability Program to include:
13. Recognizes out of tolerance instrumentation / analytical conditions and initiates a nonconformance to document deviation and investigate root cause and implement corrective action.
14. Monitors standard viability and initiate corrective actions based on analytical evaluations.
15. Performs advanced level repairs/upgrades/troubleshooting beyond what is accomplished during a routine calibration or preventive maintenance or service.
16. Manage interaction with vendors to include:
17. Assist with hands on operation of analytical instrumentation for routine analysis, as required, to meet lab testing requirements.
18. Analyze, interpret, document, and effectively communicate results of lab work for timely decision making on projects and technical support initiatives
19. Plan and execute laboratory testing as required to address customer problems and implement any identified analytical improvements.
20. Implement all aspects of lab work in a safe work environment and provide input on improving or upgrading capabilities within the laboratory to enhance efficiency/productivity.
21. Perform other responsibilities as directed by Laboratory Management.
DRT America and all of its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity. All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test, background check and pre-employment physical.