Responsible for providing expert technical advice, consulting to customers and sales team and architecting Canon Solutions America solutions based in the customer needs. Exhibits an equal measure of consulting on the process improvements and technical skills and/or experience. Demonstrates technical and investigating abilities to establish themselves as a value-added resource, and trusted advisor/consultant to our internal direct Sales organization.
- Works with assigned internal Sales teams to strategize/develop/participate in solutions revenue initiatives.- Partners with each Sales Manager within the respective assignment to develop an active plan for achieving Software Solutions and Professional Services revenue targets.- As a technical advisor, interfaces with customers, sponsors, and all other stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities in their current business processes. - Generates the highest level of system requirements, based on the customer's needs and other constraints such as budget and schedule. Ensuring requirements are consistent, complete, accurate and operationally defined.- Develop a Proof of Concept (POC) to be delivered to the customer for their review and approval, when necessary. - Develops a Statement of Work (SOW) that will outline the customer requirements responsibilities, and Canon Solutions America deliverables.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience. - Experience supporting software sales with an internal Sales team is required. Direct Sales experience is a plus. - Thorough understanding of Information Technology systems and terminology.- Excellent verbal and written communications, with the ability to adapt one’s communication style to three levels of internal/external clients (External Customers, Internal Sales Leadership, Internal Sales Reps).- Demonstrable personal organizational skills and attention to detail.- Desired: Cloud and Microsoft Server certifications, Supported Canon, and 3rd Party Software Certifications (ex. Kofax Products, Laserfiche, PaperCut, uniFLOW)- Strong working knowledge of Consultative Sales, Document Management/scanning applications and workflows, Output Management Solutions, and Security Services.- Extensive travel is required, up to 70% with overnight stays (valid drivers’ license and acceptable driving record necessary). Certain minimum auto insurance coverages are required.
- Certified Color Management Professional Master;
- Additional Datastream knowledge – AFP, VIPP, PPML and LCDS/Metacode a plus.
- Understanding of complex systems solutions, integration and networking in Windows, UNIX & Macintosh environments.
- Responsible for providing post-sales 24/7 after hours support and implementation services.