Supports Category Leads in the development of sourcing strategy
- Identifies the correct sources of information (market reports, internet sources…) and set up the channels to get the right information to the right person
- Collects data on internal factors such as spend and stakeholder requirement analysis
- Collects data on external factors such as industry and market dynamics, and products/services trends
- Conducts analysis on internal and external data
- Performs calculation on industry & supplier cost models and TCO models
- Performs supplier evaluation including supplier financials and capabilities (products/services, quality levels…), using available and defined sources of information
Provides analytical support during the supplier screening and selection process
- Assists in the development of Request for information (RFI) to collect supplier information
- Analyzes RFI responses and provide input for the supplier screening
- Assists in the development of Request for proposal (RFP) and develops consolidated overview of supplier proposals, score supplier responses
- Prepares fact based negotiation package which supports Category Leader in the negotiation process
- Responsible for initiating and successfully completing the onboarding process for new suppliers
Supports Category Leader in implementing contract & ensuring contract compliance
- Supports in collecting and consolidating data on contract compliance and supplier performance
- Supports in identifying opportunities and actions for continuous improvement by means of analysis of supplier performance and internal KPI data
- Supports the procure to pay process and improvements, as needed, for preferred vendors
Manage systems data maintenance for category management.
- Maintains procurement data fields within SAP and ensures data integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline
- At least 2+ experience within a procurement, data analytics, management consulting or business intelligence/strategy team
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Expert level Excel User: Ability to use advanced equations and functions within Microsoft Excel (Index-Match, Calculated Fields in Pivot tables, -Writing Macros)
- Ability to manage and update large datasets accurately from multiple inputs and track changes
- Database: Relational database experience, Informix, MySQL, SQL Server
- Ability to write/run queries in Access
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
- Strong applied mathematical and statistical skills - ability to clearly, concisely and visually summarize and interpret large volumes of data into management reports.