ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Training cycle counters, guiding them in processes, procedures, reporting and tracking their count accuracy.
• Conducts scheduled physical counts of material in inventory in specific areas of the company and generates reports of counts.
• Compares result of physical counts with computer records of inventory and corrects computer records.
• Determines causes of variances between computer records and physical counts, such as data entry errors, EC rule errors or worker error due to removing inventory without notation.
• Responsible for period audit of BOM’s (Bill of Materials).
• Defines frequency of physical counts necessary in a given area based on variances in data.
• Drives Team to organize and prepare for Western physical inventory as well as review of the results for accuracy.
• Prepares reports and other data as required by Accounting, Material Planners, Purchasing Department, Receiving Department and Stockroom staff.
• Must be able to work effectively with other departments on problem resolution.
• Develop and maintain cycle count procedures.
• Maintains and provide weekly updates to cycle count dashboard and quarterly detail selections.
• Problem solves and implements improved processes in counts, BOM relief, and transactions.
• Must be able to accurately cycle count all required areas, throughout the business.
• Completes other projects as necessary to the business.
• Uses judgement to recount items with variance
Training employees in best practices as new processes are developed. Control flow of information and ensure processes are followed during inventory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office - including knowledge of advanced Excel functions (pivot tables and Vlookups)
• Proficiency in applicable ERP systems
• Knowledge of WWS products and processes required
• Excellent interpersonal skills in building cross-functional partnerships
• Superior verbal and written communications skills; must be able to effectively engage in cross-departmental collaboration and communication
• Scissor lift and forklift experience preferred
• Inventory Control experience preferred
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
Solid mathematical knowledge, including the following: accounting, budgeting, financial processes, cost analysis, and numeric reasoning
• Ability to formulate solutions and resolve issues in a timely matter
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Scissor lift certification preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
• Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
• Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
• Frequent need to be in plant environment, where noise levels are high. Physically able to lift 40 to 60 lbs.