Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
Location: Morristown, NJ (Hybrid work arrangement may be possible)
Reports to: Senior Manager HRMS
Experience Required: 4+ Years
Education Required: BA degree Information Systems, Computer Science or Human Resources
This job offers an exciting growth opportunity with a very competitive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A Competitive Base Salary
- Performance based Annual Incentive Plan
- Great benefits including PTO, health insurance from Day 1, up to 7% company contribution for Retirement Savings Plan and 401K match
About this role
The HRIS Analyst is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operation of the Workday HR systems, creating customized reports and configuring/improving business processes to support changes in organizational structure and new HR initiatives. This key role will collaborate with all HR, Payroll, and Administrative teams, in addition to stakeholders and other 3rd party vendors. This role will ensure the most efficient and effective solutions are developed and implemented to meet business needs.
- Performing various Workday technical functions such as configuring/improving business processes, develop and maintain simple to complex reports, create calculated fields, creating and assigning supervisory orgs, and assigning security roles.
- Knowledge in business process, custom reports, calculated fields and creating and troubleshooting EIB (Enterprise Interface Builder).
- Knowledge of Workday security, creating and assigning roles.
- Project management including maintenance of project plan, partnering with 3rd party vendors and client groups, and monitoring open issues and change requests
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science or Human Resources
- 4 or more years of experience working with HRIS technology is preferred with about 2 years of Workday HCM system experience
- Payroll administration knowledge, preferably with a global company, a plus Knowledge of HRIS/HCM concepts and technology is a must
- Workday Recruiting configuration a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- HR, Payroll, and Benefits systems for implementation and maintenance
- Experience as an HRIS Analyst managing systems that are responsible for over 4,000+ domestic and international employees
- Experience working with unionized employees a plus
- Able to manage a fast-paced environment; meet strict deadlines & handle multiple ongoing projects concurrently
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels of management
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write and speak clearly, able to easily communicate complex ideas
- Strong presentation skills and ability to convey technical information to non-technical users
- Strong critical thinking skills
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.