Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Dealer & Builder Service Programs, this role will be responsible for Analytics & Process Improvement for Departmental Operations. The incumbent will provide support to Dealer & Builder Service Operation Leadership and Team members by creating informative and actionable dashboards and reporting to inform and drive business decisions. The incumbent will also support the Department by standardizing all Departmental functions from a Policy & Procedure standpoint.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for driving out departmental program costs and maximizing efficiencies by synthesizing large amounts of data, producing insights and making recommendations to department leadership.
- Responsible for developing a suite of Dashboards to be used by department leadership for management of Program(s) health
- Responsible for developing a suite of Dashboards to be used by Account Management team for Account Meetings as well as internal/external Business Reviews
- Responsible for department program forecasting – especially cosmetic warranty program support
- Supports content management for all of Dealer & Builder Support Operations Policy & Procedure
- Will work closely with the Director of Dealer & Builder Support Operations and B2B Operations Manager to support rollout of Digital Tools for Dealer & Builder Channels
- Will often lead initiatives to apply insights in the form of process improvement across interdepartmental functions
- Improvement efforts will often require detailed project charters, project plans, project meetings, contract negotiations and PUMIs. Results and Risks/Workarounds must also be reported or escalated to SEA and NAHQ leadership on a regular basis (i.e. Staff Meetings, Weekly Reports & Business Reviews)
- Improvement efforts may include Policy & Procedure creation, improvement, exception; System enhancements/integrations; Development of special Programs
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4+ years of experience in synthesizing large amounts of data into reports and dashboards is required
- 4+ years of experience in roles focused on process improvement is required (digital/automation is preferred)
- 4+ years of combined experience with SAP & Tableau is required
- 4+ years of experience in a Service Industry is required
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to interact at all levels within SEA and customer's organizations.
- Ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives.
- Ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents.
- Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience.
- Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements.
- Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
- Ability to act with a minimum of planning, seizing opportunity and working hard
- Has the necessary functional and technical skills required to perform the job
- Ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done, sometimes multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
- Ability to present internally and externally, and in a variety of presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses, as well as external customers and internal stakeholders and business partners
- Ability to figure out the processes necessary to get things done, combining separate tasks into efficient workflow and knows what to measure and how to measure it.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel may at times reach 20%.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.