WESCO is seeking a Credit and Collections Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for, working under direct supervision, collects and maintains basic credit information. You will assist in review and verification of overdue accounts. You will contact costumers to confirm outstanding payments and renews credit information to help minimize outstanding debts.
- Monitors past due invoices and make a high-volume of collections contacts via phone, e-mail, or customer portals.
- Works with the customer to determine root cause of dispute for unpaid or short-paid invoices. Identifies and documents detailed reason.
- Performs customer account reconciliations, including research of unapplied cash, and credits and unearned discounts.
- Evaluates collectability of unearned cash discounts, finance charges, small dollar invoices, etc. and performs write-offs of uncollectable amounts within their level of authority.
- Obtains appropriate credit information to rate credit worthiness of new and existing accounts within assigned portfolio.
- Works cross-functionally with sales, operations, finance, contract administration, and customer master administration teams to gather and review documents, including purchase orders, credit applications. And loads into contract tracking tool for approval by financial services management and partners.
- Reviews orders on credit hold by assessing credit worthiness of customers, including financial ratings, open invoices, in-process payments and backlog, and makes recommendations for order release to supervisor.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, or Business is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, or Business is preferred
- Licenses/Certificates/Designations - NACM or similar is preferred
- 1 year experience with accounts receivable, accounting, finance, supply chain or general business required, 3 years preferred.
- 1 year of knowledge of computer system applications: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word, and familiarity with an ERP platform (e.g., Oracle, DAX, AS400 etc.) required. High level of Excel knowledge preferred. 3 years preferred.
- 1 year of commercial, business to business, credit and collection experience in a high-volume environment required, 3 years preferred.
- 1 year of Working with trade credit and other third parties (e.g., D&B, Experian, Equifax, NACM, CreditSafe) to obtain credit information required, 3 years preferred.
- Knowledge of computer system applications: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word, and familiarity with an ERP platform (e.g., Oracle, DAX, AS400 etc.). High level of Excel knowledge preferred.
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with a positive disposition is required.
- Reliable with strong organizational skills and solution-oriented philosophy is preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment is required.
- Strong attention to detail with a passion for accuracy is required
- Willingness to accommodate temporary working hour changes as required by workflow is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate a willingness to accept new challenges is preferred.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.