This position is responsible for performing all laboratory functions concerning oil, coolant and diesel fuel testing. In addition, the Analyst will provide assistance in the administrative functions of the laboratory. These duties are required to ensure a top quality, efficient and safe operating laboratory in accordance to local, state and Caterpillar established guidelines.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Proficient in the operation of all S·O·S Fluids Analysis Lab equipment, including plasma spectrometers, viscometer, particle counter, infrared instruments, gas chromatography and microscopy. The Analyst conducts daily oil, coolant and diesel fuel analysis in accordance to established Caterpillar guidelines.
• Ensures that all calibration of testing instrumentation is current and meets Caterpillar guidelines.
• Conducts administrative functions of the S·O·S Lab to ensure there or no delays in providing quality customer service. Cleans and maintains laboratory equipment and facilities. Provides support in trouble-shooting problems with the lab instrumentation and obtains service and repairs on all lab equipment and facilities as needed.
• Proficient with all aspects of the laboratory database management system (S·O·S Services Manager), including sample checkout, registration and the input of sample test results.
• Conducts lab tours and training when needed. Must be able to provide quality customer support in all aspects of preventative maintenance.
• Attends training sessions to stay abreast of innovations in testing procedures, oil analysis, machinery applications and sample interpretation techniques as available. Maintains a current library of all oil analysis literature.
• Participates with supervisor in the development of objectives for the laboratory and the S·O·S program. Carries out established testing objectives in a timely, professional, safe and cost effective manner in order to maintain an efficient laboratory operation.
• The Analyst may be required to keep accurate records of sample volume, billing information, lab supply inventory, and distribution of oil sample kits.
• Prepare monthly S·O·S kits stock orders for CAT Dealers.
• Safety – Demonstrate safe work habits daily including proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE), correct disposal of waste and notification of hazardous conditions to the Manager or Safety Representative. Understand and follow lab safety guidelines.
• A fit with Quinn Company’s performance driven culture and values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
High school diploma or GED; and two years laboratory or mechanical experience preferred. Employee must have an intermediate level of experience with computers and should possess knowledge of mechanics and/or chemistry.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/DV
Quinn Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, all applicable veteran status or disabled veteran status. Quinn Group, Inc. has established an Affirmative Action Plan to promote the employment and advancement of members of those covered groups identified by statute and regulations, including minorities, women, qualified disabled individuals and all Veterans and disabled Veterans