Teledyne Princeton Instruments, a business unit of Teledyne Digital Imaging US, Inc, designs and manufactures high-performance CCD, sCMOS, ICCD, EMCCD, emICCD, and InGaAs cameras; spectrographs; and optics-based solutions for the scientific research, industrial imaging, and OEM communities. We take pride in partnering with our customers to solve their most challenging problems in unique, innovative ways.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Analog Hardware Design Engineer will design and develop mixed-signal circuitry for next generation scientific CCD and CMOS cameras for Physical Science and Life Science applications. With excellent all-round skills in analog, mixed-signal and power design, the successful candidate will be responsible for the complete mixed-signal system design of the camera including signal conditioning circuits, low noise voltage references and power supplies and temperature control circuits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Board level design of complete systems to control CCD, EMCCD and CMOS cameras.
- Design low noise, wide bandwidth signal conditioning circuits (filters, single-ended and differential amplifiers, DC-restoration, A/D conversion)
- Design efficient low noise, regulated power supplies and voltage/current references.
- Develop temperature control circuits based around Peltier coolers.
- Architect controlled power start-up and power-shutdown circuits.
- Provide input and guidance to PCB layout designers.
- Meet challenging power consumption and form-factor constraints.
- Bring-up, test and debug prototype camera systems.
- Minimum BS degree (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 10+ years hands-on experience with:
- Analog and Mixed-Signal system architecture definition.
- Board level design and schematic capture (Altium or similar).
- SPICE (or similar) simulation
- Design techniques and methods to minimize noise and EMI.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical concepts verbally and in writing.
Particular consideration will be given to candidates who also have knowledge/experience of:
- Matlab/Simulink (or similar) for system design and simulation
- Experience with scientific cameras (operation, specifications, metrics and evaluation).
- PCB layout (Altium or similar).
What can Teledyne offer YOU?A Competitive Salary & Benefits PackageExcellent Health, Dental, VisionPaid Vacation TimePaid Sick TimeLife Insurance BenefitsPaid Holidays401(k) EligibilityEmployee Stock Purchase PlanEducational Tuition Reimbursement
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email [email protected]
or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.