Texas Meter & Device is seeking several full time Advanced Meter Infrastructure (AMI) technicians in the Colorado Springs, CO. We are looking for individuals with:
· Strong mechanical skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Great driving record and habits
· Great attitude and Ability to be coached
· Attention to details
· Can pass a background check and drug screening
· THIS IS A SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION AND AS SUCH, A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN WILL BE REQUIRED.
If you cannot meet these requirements, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY!
Generally, the positions will be full-time, long term temporary as the project is expected to last approximately 2 years. However, for those candidates that join the team and perfect their skills, there could be additional opportunities with the company.
Under the general direction of the Project Manager and/or Field Supervisor, the AMI Technician will be upgrading a current system of electric, water and gas utilities.
You must have a good driving record, be able to pass a full background check and drug screen. If you cannot meet these requirements, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY!
· Exchanging residential and commercial class electric meters
· Retrofitting residential and commercial class gas modules
· Replacing residential and commercial class water modules
· Use a work order management system to capture site data
· Maintain accurate records of work completed
· Oversee the materials, equipment, vehicle and tools
· Keep track of new and used inventory
· Proper use of an iPad to collect new meter data
· Manages daily client communications, data and reporting
· Coordinating, scheduling and meeting quality / quantity requirements
· Provide courteous and excellent internal and external customer service
· The safe and proper use of a TMD service vehicle
· Other duties and tasks as assigned or necessary
· Mechanical aptitude is necessary
· Ability to use hand held computing device and other equipment as required for the position
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to stand on feet, bend or stoop for a prolonged period of time. The work is performed outdoors and through inclement weather as necessary
· Ability to carry out duties in a safe and efficient manner
· Stable Multi-year Work History
· Attention to Detail
· Dependability and Reliability
· Previous electrical and plumbing experience preferred but not required
· Good Communication Skills (speaking, reading and writing)
· Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
· Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have a minimum of 3 years of driving experience due to insurance requirements
· Must have steel or composite toe work boots
· Must have own personal Smart phone
· Additional Requirements: Background check clearance including drug screening and I-9 documentation as required by law
Shift and Pay Info:
Texas Meter & Device is an EOE.