- Use a variety of tools, machines and test equipment to manufacture and assemble a variation of harness and electrical components used in the manufacture of fire suppression systems following blueprints, bill or materials, work instructions and JSA sheets.
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges on solder joint.
- Quickly identify quality of solder joints and make corrections to provide finished products to the required standards.
- Inspect parts to blueprint and work instructions and keep accurate count of parts.
- Rotate and perform productions duties as assigned.
No phone inquiries accepted - you will be contacted if selected for an interview. Please bring a valid state issued ID with photo if interview is scheduled.
Amerex is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices.
Amerex will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
- Perform repetitive light physical labor uninterrupted for periods of up to three (3) hours at an interval.
- Manual dexterity – ability to precisely assembly part/assemblies on steady paced production line.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow all applicable instructions, forms and procedures.
- Ability to be trained, work and rotated through all department work stations and work in other departments as needed.
- Ability to understand/learn fractions and decimals.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Follow and carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Must meet or exceed department/job production standards and company attendance guidelines.
- Understand and follow company work and safety rules, policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age and eligible to work in the United States.
- Transport up to 30 lbs. (lift & carry).
- Occasional bend, stoop, push and reach during the shift.
- Ability to work in seasonal high temperatures and humidity air environment.
- Pass a post offer drug test, background check and fitness review.
- Experience soldering electrical components, terminal connections and splices is a plus.
- MUST HAVE MINIMUM OF 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE WORKING IN PRODUCTION.
- Soldering and/or circuit board experience and ability to read blueprints a plus.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to organize and work through competing demands for time and resources.
- Must be reliable in attendance.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Pass Drug Test and Job Medical Fitness Review
- The normal daily shift hours are 6:00 am - 4:30 pm unless the work schedule is changed by Supervisor. You may be required to work overtime or normal hours adjusted due to schedule or sales forecast changes.
- Mandatory overtime will be required at times.
- Meet efficiency objectives, production schedules and quality standards.