The Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for managing global trade compliance activity while supporting the company’s growth objectives. This role is based at Amerex Corporate Headquarters in Trussville, AL. This role reports to the Sales & Customer Support Manager and works across the company to provide product trade compliance guidance as well as building/maintaining product trade compliance records. This individual will respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders, providing guidance as required to maintain the company’s compliance responsibilities.
- Monitor global trade regulatory changes and alert the company’s leadership team and translates them into actionable business recommendations and business plans.
- Performs in-depth regulatory, organizational, and/or technical analysis of trade compliance related issues.
- Provides guidance to multiple departments within the organization, including but not limited to Management, Customer Service, Shipping, Purchasing, Defense Group that have a direct or indirect impact on the company’s trade activities.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data related to the company’s trade activity (Imports, Exports, Country of Origin, Free Trade, and other special programs).
- Consults and assists in the design, development, and implementation of business processes that effectively meet business goals and objectives while remaining compliant
- Support the internal audit program, identifying areas of risk while supporting/tracking corrective action
- Understand and apply import/export requirements for countries where Amerex Corporation operates
- Maintain a thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- Business Administration/International Degree or equivalent or import/export related work experience is a plus.
- General knowledge of guidelines on export licensing, ruling and jurisdictions.
- General knowledge of US Customs trade regulations, US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) regulations.
- Knowledge of Buy America and Made in USA Regulations preferred.
- USMCA and other Free Trade Agreements for which the US participates, preferred.
- Global trade compliance expertise, consisting of 1-5 years managing multiple, complex trade compliance responsibilities for an entity with global operations.
- Knowledge of corporate trade compliance programs and issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and D365.