About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The ALS/HAL Clerk position is located in Olive Branch, MS. This position is responsible for assisting with clearing on floor exceptions in PZ Area. Ensures system is ready for production usage. Constant communication with peers, leads and managers to ensure daily goals are attained. Associate will perform other duties as made necessary by the business to provide customer service.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Ability to clear exceptions and build manual jobs on the floor
- Ability to work with on floor production team to assist with training and production planning
- Work closely with Operations teams to ensure seamless production execution
- Maintain and troubleshoot issues with production machines as well as all production systems
- Be sensitive to tight timelines and customer delivery commitments
- Must have good attendance and be a team player
- Other duties as assigned
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of Personalization Experience
- Strong Communication and follow up skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, overtime hours and weekends as needed
- Able to use a computer for an extended period
- Perform various scheduled and unscheduled back-up procedures as required
- Understanding of distribution center workflow
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
- Willingness to work as a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day
- Comfortable elevating on an order picker 5 stories up
- Heavy lifting up to 40 pounds
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com