United States of America
CAG10: ALC HQ 1025 Cobb Place Blvd, Kennesaw, GA, 30144 USA
Automated Logic Industrial Engineer – P3
Automated Logic is a world leader in building automation and related energy solutions. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Automated Logic products can be found in highly advanced green building solutions across countless industries and in all corners of the globe. Our building automation systems are an integral component in LEED-certified buildings. Automated Logic is a part of Carrier, a leading provider to the building systems industries worldwide.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- This position will need to use LEAN, Six-Sigma, and other related engineering methodologies to deliver products at the highest quality, as well as the lowest possible cost.
- Drive continuous improvement in labor costs through waste reduction, production efficiency, and operations improvements
- Recommend and implement improvements in production methods, standards, tooling, equipment, factory and work cell layout, procedures, product designs, and employee efficiency.
- Additionally, provide ownership for production yields: define expectations, drive yield improvements, implement corrective actions, and deliver status reports.
- engaging and leading teams to resolve efficiency, quality, and production issues. Responsible for multiple small projects and/or leading larger projects.
- Provide data to management and other engineers to facilitate decision-making.
- Required tasks will include Analyzing production processes, schedules, methods, and other data and then making recommendations to achieve current and future manufacturing requirements.
- Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for improvements in quality control.
- Participate in design reviews in accordance with Design for Manufacture (DFM) standards and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions. Use both basic and advanced calculations to determine the current and potential productivity of a process.
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement, and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Evaluate processes for job hazards and implement solutions to reduce or eliminate safety issues.
- The candidate must be able to multitask to support multiple projects, work well in groups, focus on results, be open to new ideas, have good written and verbal communication skills, have good listening skills, and work well under pressure.
- The candidate must also have good time management skills, attention to detail, dependability, and the ability to ensure follow-up with customers and co-workers.
- Proven problem analysis and resolution skills are required.
Skills we Seek:
- 4-year degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience implementing lean manufacturing processes in a technical or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, and other related engineering methodologies.
- Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills. Ability to perform time-motion studies for work method standardization and ergonomic/human factor analysis.
- Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with minimal direction.
- Ability to take on project leadership including proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Proficient in the ability to quickly master a variety of computer software programs: MS Office, CAD, MiniTab, Power BI, Control Charts, and process analysis software.
- Ability to use data to drive decision-making. Ability to use load leveling, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), and other lean tools to eliminate process waste.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.