- Develop new procedures and Best Known Methods (BKMs) to service new products. Contribute to the FMECA process.
- Participate in or own first chamber Build & Test in Apps lab. Solve issues, or work with Engineering to address issues identified.
- Work with Manufacturing to develop procedures and participate (if required) on New Product final test
- Partner with Quality & Reliability (Q&R) group to review and address Top Field Issues. Participate in or own CAPA process. Conduct or facilitate Failure Analysis (FA) if needed
- Develop and document procedures to install (start-up), retrofit and maintain the product (Technical Product Manuals)
- Develop new procedures, Customer Engineering Notices (CENs), Internal Service Bulletins (ISBs) and troubleshooting guides as required
- Collect process and qualification data to create product Best Known Methods (BKMs)
- Develop initial training package for new products and work with Global Technical Training (GTT) to develop training class. Train Customer Engineers (CEs), Process Engineers (PSEs) and Technical Product Support (TPS) assigned to customers who will receive ELS Shipments, prior to shipping
- Identify new parts that require to be stocked by AGS and work with them to ensure parts are stocked in correct locations
- Responsible for all aspects of technical support for a specific customer: escalations, fleet performance, proactive activities, system install schedules, programs and upgrades.
- Provides and manages technical support, in remote or on site, to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment or other customer issues related to equipment and programs
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 50% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.