Yulista Integrated Solutions LLC
The Airframe Sheet Metal Mech II performs installation of aircraft sheet metal and structural component in accordance with approved methods, techniques and practices.
- Interface with Crew lead and other Technicians as required.
- Install sheet metal & structures IAW instructions/drawings.
- Install sheet metal & structures as required meeting customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel overseas.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Perform continuity and power checks.
- Operate Ground Support Equipment (Power Cart, Tug, Forklift, etc.).
- Provide own tools with the exception of specialty tools.
- Remove, inspect, repair, and reinstall aircraft parts/systems.
- Annotate log book and work book entries IAW DA PAM 738-751 or other contractual guidance.
- Maintain a high state of cleanliness and utilize a clean-as-you-go process when executing maintenance duties. Perform rotating break room cleaning duties.
- Comply with processes and procedures as per DHS/Department of Defense (DOD) documents and publications.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety, violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- May require knowledge of and experience performing structural repairs/ enhancements on the following aircraft: UH-60 A/L, UH-60 M, 407, 206, OH-58, AH 64 D, AH-64E, CH-47 F, MC-130J, HC-130, C-130, C-26, EC-145, EC-135, LUH-72, UC-35, 407, V22, AH-IF, COBRA, APACHE
- Must be capable of carrying items up to 40 pounds. Heavier items must seek assistance of other workers or weight lifting devices.
- Must be capable of performing tasks in cramped, awkward, and strained positions and/or climbing up and down ladders, work platforms, scaffolding, and aircraft structures.
- Must be capable of performing tasks that frequently require: lifting, reaching, bending, walking, pulling, sitting, and standing, crouching, stooping, kneeling, and stretching for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret all blue prints and drawings.
- Use special test equipment and tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc. Must represent Yulista Aviation, Inc. in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
- Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Aviation, Inc.’s goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Have the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 4 years’ experience with 2 years using military standards and specifications
- Ability to pass a drug and background screening
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- A&P licensed preferred
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.