General Atomics Systems Integration, LLC (GA-SI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies, reliability improvements, and controls system design.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, A&P licensed, Airframe and Powerplant Specialist to join our Aero Services division to support DHS Operations in Sierra Vista, AZ.
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for providing technical expertise in mechanical and inspection work and during troubleshooting of mechanical and system problems. Provides flight line and ground support. Develops and writes procedures to improve work quality and records. Develops new job protocols for project work. Provides training to less experienced A&P specialists. Frequently interacts with inter-organizational and customer contacts. Accurately plans and schedules asset availability. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist supervision and management in the implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures. Provide training and oversight to less experienced A&P specialists. Assist in the development of training programs.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Inspect powerplant and related components at regular intervals adhering to company approved procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- Responsible for powerplant development.
- Repair fuel and/or oil leaks and/or engine problems as required. May remove and replace airframe and/or engine components as needed.
- Review aircraft records to ensure all required maintenance and documentation is completed in accordance with established company procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- May troubleshoot and repair aircraft independently and assist and/or train lesser skilled specialists in troubleshooting.
- May inspect, test, maintain and operate ground support equipment.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Effectively utilize company provided aides and software programs to enhance troubleshooting and overall system expertise.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and three or more years of aircraft mechanical maintenance experience.
- An FAA Airframe and Powerplant License is required.
- May require minimal travel and/or CONUS or OCONUS deployment.
- Full knowledge and understanding of the detailed aspects of the job
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations
- Basic leadership, organization, and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and both military and civilian customers.
- Candidates must submit to and receive a favorably adjudicated background investigation by the DHS; this background is extremely detailed and will include a forensic accounting review into personal finances.
- The ability to pass a Deployment Medical Exam.
- HAZMAT, AES, and IATA experience is desirable.
- Experience handling COMSEC material required.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.