General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. Under close supervision, this position is responsible for providing flight line and ground support. Troubleshoots, repairs, and services aircraft and/or engine systems to determine related problems. Provides technical assistance in mechanical and inspection work.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Assist in the inspection of powerplant and related components at regular intervals adhering to company approved procedures, maintenance manuals, and/or government technical order requirements.
- Assist in the repair of fuel leaks, oil leaks, and engine problems.
- Assist in the removal and replacement of airframe and/or engine components.
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established company procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- May perform all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations, preflight items, ground observer responsibilities, and post flight items.
- May participate in the performance of engine and airframe operational checks and installation of payloads.
- May participate in the performance of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) in accordance with company and customer guidelines.
- May inspect, test, maintain, and operate ground support equipment.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Typically, incumbent has little or no knowledge of job requirements and moderate understating of general job aspects.
- An FAA Airframe & Powerplant License is required.
- May require extensive travel and/or CONUS or OCONUS deployment.
- Must possess:
- General working knowledge of hand tools and precision measuring equipment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and military and civilian customers.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team.