- Responsible to the Chief Inspector for the performance of all inspection functions assigned.
- Review the inspection status of aircraft inducted into the Repair Station for a scheduled inspection.
- Perform audits of inspection, maintenance, and modification work packages generated by the Repair Station during the performance of work.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisors, Mechanics, and other Repair Station personnel to ensure accurate and complete documentation of work performed in aircraft logbooks.
- Validate maintenance record entries for aircraft, engines, propellers, and accessories maintained by the Repair Station for completeness IAW 14 CFR §43 and the requirements of the Repair Station manual.
- Assist in surveillance of the Repair Station facilities and procedures and report results to the Chief Inspector.
- Assist the Chief Inspector in the development of improved methods and procedures for the performance of inspection functions.
- Ensure that new and removed components/parts are properly segregated, handled and tagged.
- Assure that rejected and unserviceable parts are handled properly to prevent their reuse as serviceable parts.
- Assist the Chief Inspector in the tracking of calibrated inspection and test equipment used by the Repair Station for the purpose of product acceptance.
- Assist the Chief Inspector as necessary in the receiving inspection of parts or materials.
- Assure proper documentation of the preliminary inspection, hidden damage inspection, and final inspections.
- Assist the Chief Inspector with maintaining the Repair Station Manual, Quality Control Manual and Training Manual.
- Must be proficient in blueprint reading/interpretation and shop mathematics.
Required Skills and Education
- Must hold a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license and have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the Aviation Industry.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the applicable regulations of 14 CFR §145 and with the inspection methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools used to determine the airworthiness of an article on which maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations are being performed and must be proficient in using the various types of inspection equipment and visual inspection aids appropriate for the article being inspected.
- Must understand, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work in and around confined spaces such as fuel tanks.
- Must have working knowledge of FOD & Tool Control, Technical Orders (T.O.), TCTO’s, FAA FARs and Aircraft Maintenance Information Systems.
- Must possess effective writing skills for duties such as documenting discrepancies found.
- Must have effective communication skills in order to deal with the both civilian and government customers.
- Must be able to use inspection measuring devices as well as a mirror and flashlight to accomplish inspections.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, stoop and stand to accomplish inspections.
- Must be able to work flexible and extended hours.
- This position requires the successful candidate to be able to obtain a Secret level clearance. The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements. You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Preferred Skills and Education
Working in an FAA part 145 Repair Station, with Government customers/programs and as a quality Inspector is preferred.
Typical Education and Experience
Typically a High School Diploma and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience