Job Location: White Sulphur Springs Agronomy - White Sulphur Springs, MT
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Mountain View Co-op is Montana's largest locally-owned agricultural cooperative and has several locations throughout the state. We are an incredibly diversified company, with locations specializing in Agronomy, Energy, Grain, Retail, and Administration. At Mountain View our employees are our number one priority, and we'd love to talk with you about joining our team and starting YOUR career.
The Driver/Applicator is responsible for the driving, delivering, and application of Mountain View Co-op (MVC) agronomy products. The Driver must maintain a positive and cooperative attitude that promotes teamwork, integrity, honesty, and helpfulness. The Driver must embrace and exhibit MVC’s philosophy and culture of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain a positive experience for MVC customers, clients, and vendors, through professional interpersonal interactions.
- Drive various MVC equipment including commercial vehicles to haul crops, supplies, or tools.
- Inform all customers of any safe product handling procedures.
- Adjust, repair, and service farm machinery.
- Observe and troubleshoot machinery operation to detect equipment malfunctions.
- Manipulate controls to set, activate, and adjust mechanisms on machinery.
- Provide custom spraying services for customers.
- Drive a tandem axle truck with trailer to locations.
- Mix the chemical(s) per direction of Agronomy Location Manager.
- Comply with MVC policies/procedures and DOT regulations.
- Practice and encourage workplace safety and hold self and others accountable to uphold workplace safety standards.
- Work with other MVC divisions including Energy, Grain, and Retail.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Customer service
- Basic math
- MVC products and purposes
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Tools, materials, methods, and practices used in farm equipment maintenance
- Safety rules, procedures, and practices
- Establish effective working relationships with management, co-workers, and the general public.
- Embrace and exhibit MVC culture of customer service.
- Maintain an excellent driving record.
- Operate light and heavy equipment.
- Operate a front end loader and forklift.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License issued by the State of Montana
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that are required by the employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Clarity of speech and hearing that permits the employee to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Clarity of vision to include; near and far vision, ability to focus while operating computers and viewing monitors, and ability to read printed materials.
- Manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate smart phone, electronic log, and operate equipment.
- Personal mobility that permits the employee to enter, operate, and exit motor vehicles.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, and reach for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to drive and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel, and climb.
- Ability to navigate uneven terrain.
- Work is generally performed in an outdoor environment.
- Travel is required in all weather conditions.
- Various noise levels are present in the work environment, from low to moderately loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive, all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the employee.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & REASONABLE ACCOMODATION
MVC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected category including; race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
MVC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in its employment, services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at 406-453-5900.