Are you customer focused with an attention to detail? Are you proficient with computers and Windows applications? Do you have a positive outlook and excellent communication skills? Are you highly organized with an ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
This positions provides administrative clerical support and is a team member in the interactions and interface between customer, field sales team and operations support to ensure excellent service and overall customer satisfaction. Provides clerical assistance in order processing and inventory management.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with computers to intermediate level utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications and ERP order entry systems. JD Edwards practice and process training will be provided
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts and the ability to apply such concepts as fractions, percentages and ratios to practical application with accuracy
- Ability to sit at a desk and/or computer terminal to perform writing and/or keying/typing information for protracted periods of time
- Mobility to move freely across uneven terrain both indoors and outdoors safely
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills (verbal, written and utilizing all media (phone, e-mail, text)) for interaction with customers and fellow employees including the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Practical organization skills with strong attention to detail along with ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments
- Ability to respond professionally to common inquiries or complaints from sales staff and other employees, customers, regulatory agencies, suppliers, etc.
- Reads, writes and speaks the English language fluently
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Assists with electronic order entry and processing (sales order, shipping documents, invoicing) utilizing JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Responds to customer sales inquiries in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner
- As part of the support team, document and process product use recommendations as required
- Utilizing JDE, enter and process customers orders as requested. Meet or exceed timelines established under Timely Transaction Processing policy (TTP)
- Work closely with office team to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained to meet customer needs
- Assist Sales Team in accurate customer pricing and quickly resolve any inquires or concerns
- Prepare standard use and sales reports as well as any custom reports as requested by management, sales and customer
- Assists other office team members in administrative tasks to ensure quality customer service, meeting deadlines and sales support
- Supports Sales and/or Operations Manager as requested
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be commensurate based on experience or other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are a current Wilbur Ellis Employee, please speak with your manager before applying.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.