Dole Packaged Foods, LLC Ag/Truck Shop Atwater Operations is a large diverse enterprise. The Farm/Shop Manager oversees mechanics and farm personnel dedicated to maintaining farm equipment and PM tasks.
- Direct work schedule for all Truck Shop Mechanics.
- Optimize farm equipment operation time by scheduling equipment repairs and maintain equipment availability
- Assist farm managers with equipment maintenance for planting and harvesting operations; pruning, thinning, irrigation and harvesting schedule.
- Makes recommendations for changes in staffing as necessary to meet demands of workload.
- Directly responsible for applicant interviews with HR and makes recommendation for hire; assesses training needs, develops training programs, and trains new and existing staff in various aspects of fleet operations, repair, and maintenance; counsel’s employees and recommends corrective and/or disciplinary action when appropriate; and documents employee performance and maintains employee records.
- Prepares and approves requisitions for parts and supplies; and develops and implements inventory controls to minimize waste and loss
- Develops, implements, enforces, and maintains safety standards, policies, practices, and procedures to comply with laws and regulations and minimize accidents and injuries; implementation of safety programs; conducts and documents monthly safety meeting
- Responsible for department budget
- Directly responsible for all vendor coordination related to Ag farming/Truck shop activities i.e. Irrigation contacts, Helena Chemical, Pest Control Adviser (PCA), and a various other Ag related vendors
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Follow/enforce company safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- ASE Auto/Diesel Mechanics Certification or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge of farm machinery, Hydraulic systems, Arc and Gas welding systems and their operation
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Certification
- Must possess valid current California Driver’s License and be eligible to participate in Company DMV Employee Pull Notice Program.
- Must be proficient with verbal and written communication in English; conversational Spanish a plus
- Proficient in use of computer systems, including Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- SAP experience a plus
- NOVAtime experience a plus
- First-Aid/CPR certified a plus, or ability to complete on-site training course as requested
- 3-5 years’ management experience with industrial or agricultural shop operations
- 2+ years’ maintenance experience with agricultural equipment and/or irrigation systems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and various needs simultaneously, with focus on project completion
- High mechanical aptitude with ability to evaluate labor and material requirements
Employment is contingent upon drug screen, background verification and skills test required for some positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.