Stepan is seeking a Research and Facilities Coordinator to join our Agriculture Research and Development team in Winder, Georgia. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager of Agricultural Research and Development (R&D).
This role provides administrative support to the R&D team on site in Winder as well as remotely to other R&D departments in North America as directed. In addition, the successful candidate will act as facilities manager for the Winder lab, supporting infrastructure and operations needs as well as future site expansion and growth. A qualified candidate will be able to serve as an ambassador for the facility, welcoming customers and visitors to the site, and for the team and research activities within.
• Provide a single point of contact for the Agriculture Innovation Center regarding facilities use and operations. Maintain facility calendar of visits and events.
• Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots, and outdoor spaces.
• Coordinate routine maintenance on facilities and make simple repairs when possible.
• Ensure proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors. Conduct or coordinate nightly door lock check prior to leaving for the day.
• Provide key support services. Examples include supporting processes such as SAP requisitions, Ariba purchase orders, ProCard purchases, tracking the budget, maintenance of databases, safety programs, etc.
• Execute a variety of activities including report formatting, procurement, travel planning and arrangements, training/conference registration/arranging, meeting planning, subscriptions, expense reports, report writing support, calendar management, computer assistance/training, presentation design and editing, time keeping, and general administrative functions.
• Coordinate with team members on ordering lab & office supplies. Monitor and maintain stock levels as needed. Maintain a corporate ProCard account and draft and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
• Proficiency with MS-Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required. Experience with Lotus Notes, ProCard, Ariba, Adobe Writer is desirable.
• 3+ years experience in an administrative or similar position is preferred.
• Some physical activity (walking, standing, lifting up to 50 pounds, etc.) is expected.
• Great time management, organization and prioritization abilities.
• Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently to perform day-to-day functions.
• Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.