Job Summary: Accurately measures and mixes raw material ingredients in accordance with formula and instructions to produce batches weighing 0-800 lbs.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
• Retrieves assigned formulas and reviews information for compounding, working on orders with earliest ship date first.
• Receives batches from automation area, and completes assigned batches in allotted time.
• Adds raw materials manually or from dispensing racks and/or dosing cluster by weight using scales , ensuring proper sequence of mixing.
• Records substitutions, over-pours, etc., ensuring supervisor approval is obtained.
• Heats batches and materials as needed using necessary using hot plates, etc. , ensuring that the materials are not overheated.
• Thoroughly mixes batch, ensuring that batch is free of crystals.
• Keeps equipment and area in proper working condition. Advises Supervisor of any equipment issues.
• Maintains clean and safe work area, and adheres to safety regulations and procedures, understanding the hazards of handling the various chemicals.
Non-essential Responsibilities and Functions:
• Trains new compounders and helps other compounders.
• Possibly uses various types of powered lift equipment to help with batching process.
• Uses hand scanners to remove and re-locate materials.
• Participates in year end inventory.
Additional Job Competencies / Job Relationships / Specialized Skills: Quality Control, Warehouse
• High School Degree or equivalency (GED) required.
• Minimum of 3 years of industrial work experience required; chemical compounding experience preferred.
• Prior fork lift experience.
• Ability to handle to heavy materials, including drums (lifting requirement of up to 60 lbs.).
• Possesses strong commitment to team environment dynamics.
• Generous Paid Time Off
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage
• Tuition Assistance for Employees
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Agilex Fragrances is an Equal Opportunity Employer