Job ID: 458980
Idaho Materials & Construction, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Directs and coordinates activities related to production of company aggregate products and third-party crushing, including safety, compliance, source planning, and quality control at all aggregate locations in the Treasure Valley. This position will have oversight of at least 25 employees and approximately 10 locations producing in excess of 2 million tons annually.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure safety, quality, customer satisfaction and efficiency standards are met while directing operations of plant sites, sales operations and pit operations.
- Manage, track, and accurately report inventory levels to management including quarterly and year end inventories.
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems.
- Establish and implement key performance indicators and utilize them to manage assigned sites.
- Implement effective maintenance practices and planning to reduce down-time.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities, problem-solve, and work under consistent pressure of deadlines.
- Lead, inspire, and motivate others to achieve optimal performance in all business facets.
- Other projects and job duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Administer safety program developed in writing by the Safety Department.
- Analyze and correct hazardous conditions.
- Request necessary personnel to staff the plant for the forecast level of operations. Assign tasks, train and check progress of personnel, frequently keeping them advised of their progress.
- Assume responsibility for training a qualified lead person to fill in or replace Production Supervisor whenever necessary.
- Maintain properties in good condition and appearance.
- Carry out approved plans for plant rehabilitation and beautification.
- Develop and implement a plan for continuous improvement.
- Effectively manage staff by setting clear performance objectives, providing regular feedback and providing development through training.
- Ensure compliance with all Company and Government policies and regulations.
- Direct mine and pit planning.
- Carry out vision of Management Team to assure a world class safe, sustainable, and efficient aggregate operations
- Willing to be involved in community development projects to advance the IMC brand as well as environmental standing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- BS Degree and or High School diploma with five (5) or more years’ experience in the industry.
- Ability to manage and motivate team members of varying pipeline levels to engage in and support all safety, production, and financial initiatives.
- Experience in aggregate production, delivery, sales, and customer service is highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable rules and regulations governed by federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, including OSHA/MSHA, DEQ, EPA, and local road and highway departments.
- Self-directed, results-oriented, and highly motivated, requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Experience effectively managing and leading teams.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write and correspondence precisely. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Experience managing budgets and performing basic financial analysis preferred
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Proficient utilizing Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to maintain a clean motor vehicle record.
- Daily travel will be required, travel out of the area for short intervals will be required at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery; working from heights; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud when out in the field.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Idaho Materials & Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.