Beitzel Corporation is an industrial construction and service company with over 40 years of experience in the energy, mining, industrial construction and aggregate industries. Corporate Headquarters is located in Grantsville, MD with several offices throughout the region. Beitzel Corporation offers a positive work environment, competitive wages, travel pay, excellent health insurance including: medical, dental and vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k) with a company match, paid holidays and paid time off.
Beitzel Corporation is now accepting applications for a full-time Aggregate Laborer. The Aggregate Laborer will provide physical and general labor to aggregate plants, along with various other construction, mechanical and industrial projects. This position requires mechanical knowledge and aptitude, along with a basic knowledge of industrial maintenance practices. Other projects may involve, but not be limited to the following industries: Construction, Manufacturing, Power Plants, Commercial, Aggregate, Oil and Gas, Factories, Production Plants, Coal, Wind Energy, etc.
The Aggregate Laborer will require a flexible schedule with extensive travel and out-of-town work. Candidates must be willing to work extended hours to include: weekends, holidays, evenings and possible night shift. Areas of operations include, but are not limited to: Washington, D.C., MD, VA, PA, WV, OH and NJ
The Aggregate Laborer will be assigned to the Concrete Services Unit of the Beitzel Corporation Field Services Division.
- Perform general labor and maintenance for Aggregate plants including but not limited to chipping drums and general maintenance
- Provide physical labor and general labor to various construction trades to include, but not be limited to: welding, pipe fitting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, mechanical, rigging, excavation, ditching, trenching, insulating, fabricating
- Materials handling and storage
- Stage tools and materials and assist as required
- Recognize and utilize hand tools and industrial power tools safely and effectively
- Provide detailed paperwork and documentation to ensure accurate record keeping
- Maintain company tools, equipment and vehicles in a professional and workman-like manner
- Follow proper safety and incident reporting procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned and assist in other areas of the company as required
- 2+ years of hands-on residential, commercial or industrial construction experience or equivalent technical education and training is preferred
- 1+ years of general construction, building or mechanical experience or equivalent technical education and training
- Must possess knowledge of materials, equipment and tools used throughout construction trades
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes travel, out-of-town stay, weekends, extended hours, night shift and call-out work
- Must be willing to travel with overnight stay to the Greater Washington D.C. area
- Must be dependable; trustworthy; and possess a positive and productive attitude
- Must be able to work well with co-workers in a team environment
- Demonstrate a keen awareness of safety and safe practices
Working Conditions:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach and lift; climb ladders and stairs; crawl; kneel
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 80 pounds unassisted
- Must be safety and customer-focused, without exception
- Required safety equipment: Steel toe and/or metatarsal boots, protective eye wear, gloves, hard hat, and hearing protection
- Learn new skills through exposure to multiple trades
- Variety of work and work environments
- Safety-first work culture with established history of success
- Enhanced hair follicle drug screening to minimize substance abuse in the workplace
- Opportunities for out-of-town work with perdiem
- High value/Low cost medical insurance options
- Complete benefit package to include dental, vision, disability ins., life ins., vacation and holidays
- Overtime opportunities as needed
- Personal Protective Equipment Allowances
- Company-provided transportation for out-of-town work
- Company-paid lodging for out-of-town work
- On-the-job training for improved skillset
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must possess a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment This position requires the completion of a thorough pre-employment background check including employment, education SSN verifications, employment references, and pre-employment drug and alcohol screenings. In accordance with our Company Substance Abuse Policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
AAP/EEO Statement Beitzel Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other DutiesThis job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.