Great Plains Ag Product Specialist – Northeast Region
(OH, N.IN, MI, NY, VA, PA, DE, ME)
Great Plains Manufacturing, a Kubota Company, is seeking a Great Plains Ag Product Specialist to serve the Northeast Region. The Product Specialist focuses on the equipment that Great Plains builds and its proper field operation. This position is the direct connection for the Territory Managers and dealer personnel to the Service Department and Engineering. It is also the Product Specialist’s responsibility to be able to relay the features & benefits of our “Systems” approach to the dealers and customers.
Territory includes: Ohio, Northern Indiana, Michigan, New York, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maine.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Territory Managers and Dealers with troubleshooting units in the field (via phone or traveling to diagnose in person.)
- Conduct New Product Training:
- Startup field adjustments
- Diagnostic tool training
- Act as liaison between field; Sales & Marketing; Service & Engineering for field problem fixes; product enhancements; and new product development
- Provide Territory Service Training of Territory Managers and Dealer service personnel
- Conducting “Owner Workshops” (i.e. drill owner workshops) that provides information on proper use and adjustments of equipment
- Assist Sales/Marketing with competitive product comparisons
- Assist with Gold Medallion Sales and Service Training with active role in each including development and presentation
- Assist with set-up and participation in farm shows, grower meetings, and field demonstrations
- Assist with approved test plots and proper operation of plot machines
- Assist dealers with Warranty issues:
- Call on Gold Medallion dealers quarterly
- Review Service Bulletins
- Assist Service Manager with design and implementation of service bulletins
- Assist Sales & Marketing with development of videos, DVD’s, CD’s, photos, and catalogs
- Other duties may be assigned that require other qualifications, physical demands, and/or work environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiar with agricultural cropping practices
- Willingness to learn and communicate all aspects of the field operation of all Great Plains Products
- Have some general hand tools
- Reside in their designated area of responsibility
- Computer Skills including MS Office
- Ability to travel on a weekly basis with occasional international travel
- Must be a self-starter driven to accomplish the given tasks on a timely basis
At Great Plains Manufacturing, our people make the difference, making our Company a great place to work and grow. If you are self-motivated, have a passion to succeed and value teamwork, we invite you to apply to join our team. For over 45 years, Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc., has been known as a world-class manufacturer of farm and landscaping equipment in Central Kansas with over 2,000 dedicated employees. Now a Kubota company, Great Plains Manufacturing continues its dedication toward innovation and professional growth, while maintaining our family culture and community values. Grow with us! Visit our Careers page at www.WorkForGPM.com.