The Aftermarket Sales Representative is responsible for generating revenue by engaging current and prospective customers through strategic outbound calling, one-to-one communications, social engagement, field marketing and more. The primary purpose is to create opportunities for the sales of Doors, Frames and Hardware, and ultimately become a trusted advisor to customers such as, K-12 Schools, Healthcare, and College/ Universities.
- Obtain, maintain, and optimize customer relations through planned and regular sales visits and communications for given territory
- Call on predefined customer and prospect lists to generate sales opportunities and follow up on new leads and opportunities within a competitive, fast-paced sales environment
- Place 30-50 phone-based cold calls daily to aggressively pursuing retailers and develop new leads and potential customers
- Obtain orders and establish new business by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors
- Service and build upon existing accounts, including resolving customer complaints by investigating problems
- Respond to, engage with, and qualify inbound leads and inquiries via phone, email, and live chat
- Achieve or exceed department quotas, sales goals and objectives, and deadlines
- Identify target prospects and create strategic action plans to develop the accounts as customers
- Follow up on all customer leads from external and internal sources
- Submit orders by referring to price lists and product literature
- Communicate regularly with key decision makers, such as: directors of maintenance and/or security, school superintendents and locksmiths
- Maintain accurate and detailed activity notes, such as daily calls logs, results reports, weekly work plans, and monthly/annual territory analyses, to be reviewed periodically with manager
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- At least 3 years of related sales experience in construction and/or building supply sales
- Experience with high volume cold calling
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong Customer Relations skills
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including mainframe programs and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have good attention to details and strong organizational skills
- Ability to be persuasive and influential in verbal and written communications
- Working knowledge of Door Hardware, Locks and Access Control
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong sales and phone skills are a must. Able to problem solve and resolve inquiries both internally and externally. Supports the sales cycle in full, and is able to act independently. Highly motivated and personable presence essential and must be able to meet quotas and sale initiatives.
- As an Aftermarket Sales Representative, you must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, a strong sense of integrity and superb organizational and time management skills. You must be competent in territory management, be able to organize a sales strategy and possess great presentation skills. You must also be a self-starter and problem solver who keeps the customers’ best interest at heart. This position conducts sales calls on existing, and potential End User Customers.
- We are seeking highly competitive, motivated, self-starter professional with a mix of selling skills, drive and personality. As an Inside Sales Representative you will locate, solicit and gain business from new and existing accounts. Strong sales and phone skills are a must. Able to problem solve and resolve inquiries both internally and externally. Supports the sales cycle in full, and is able to act independently. Highly motivated and personable presence essential and must be able to meet quotas and sale initiatives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May occasionally require business travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.