After Market Engineer - Mechanical Component
Are you highly motivated, creative individual and passionate in working with mechanical components or equipment?
Do you want to join our Aftermarket Services team?
Join our cutting-edge Engineering team
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value-chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology and lifecycle services. Our Instrument Control Engineering Team uses cutting-edge technology to design gas and steam turbines, compressors and expanders.
Partner with the best
As an Engineer - Mechanical (valves) you’ll be responsible for design and technical documentation activities for our control valve products. Collaborating with multiple sales engineers and suppliers you will ensure quality control and on-time delivery. Enjoying opportunities to convert new technology ideas into products you’ll introduce innovations to an already pioneering business.
As a After Market Engineer - Mechanical Component, you will be responsible for:
- Executing design and analysis of assigned projects to develop valves meeting customer application needs, specification requirements, complying with local design/product standards.
- Reviewing customer specifications and “translating” customer specification in to order instructions for manufacturing of valves.
- Providing bills of material, drawing information, test specifications and processing instructions to meet quality and manufacturing requirements.
- Creating the design review process, ensuring accuracy, quality and design for manufacturability goals are met.
- Enabling the use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (SolidWorks / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations.
- Engaging with teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.·
- Identify, Own and Enable such initiatives which are in line with business objectives.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Have a minimum 3 yrs of experience in an Engineering Design / Analysis /Scientific / Technical Position.
- Have at least 2 yrs of Control Valve and/or Safety valve Design Expertise.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team.
- Have knowledge of control valve and/or safety valves including instrumentation and actuator.
- Have good understanding and experience in Valves regarding applications, Material of Construction, Non-Destructive Tests.
- Have experience with ASME B16.34 and PED, 3D design (preferable Solid works/Ansys), mechanical design & tech writing.
- Have basic knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, machining, welding or cutting etc. is a plus.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
- Occasional home working possible
- Starting early / finishing early
- Starting late / finishing late
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
- Reducing the time, you work during the day
- Reducing the time, you work across the week
- Working in the term-time only
- Working full-time for period of time on a project then take time off
- Extended breaks over quiet periods
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!